Thursday, December 29, 2011

I wonder if I could save a map with directions with google maps?

Should I also have to have an internet plan if I'm using GPS bluetooth device ( the one you can attach it to your key chain ) connected to my phone? If no, how come the car GPS don't require an internet connection?





Thanks in advance|||I don't understand the second question about the GPS bluetooth device as I am not familiar with such devices.


However, the typical in-car Navigation devices have the maps all contained internally to the system. Granted, these maps will become slightly outdated as changes are made to roads, bridges, etc, but it shouldn't be that big of a deal for its purpose. The GPS signal just tells you where you are (that is quite simplified for what is actually happening). Google maps uses information on their servers to calculate the maps and display them since the processing for this is on their side and not yours.


As for saving a Google map, are you suggesting pulling map/directions on Google, then saving it to your car's navigation system or on your phone or something? I do not know if that is possible, although the link to the directions can definitely be forwarded to an email account which should be able to open the map/directions on a phone. I know of no Navigation systems that allow that, but I am hardly an expert on what features are available on new systems.

No comments:

Post a Comment